On May 15th, 2021 we will open our „Call for Entries 2021“ for your horror film creations. You can find all further information as well as the entry form in this post. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email.
The advantages for you:
- Your film will be screened on a big cinema-screen in front of a horror enthusiastic audience.
- Your film has the chance to win a ”Silver Hand” and thus be upgraded in the market and become publicly known.
- The film awarded with the Jury Prize will be included in the regular program of the Hollywood Megaplex!
- You will receive three free tickets.
Applications and submissions of films are open until September 15, 2021. Early submission of films will help us with screening and planning and will also pay off for you. Depending on the number of films submitted, we have to select which ones can be included in the festival program and thus also in the competition.
The submission modalities in detail:
The 17th Fright Nights Film Festival will probably take place at the end of October 2021. The exact date will be announced shortly.
The submission of short and feature films for the competition as well as for the ”out of competition“ entries is possible from May 15 to September 15, 2021. Completion and submission of the form constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry, which follow here.
Submission Fee and Deadline:
Fees apply only to submissions for the competition. Non-competition entries are free of charge.
Entries are to be submitted by September 15, 2021:
- Short films up to 30 minutes:
€ 20€ 10 ➤ Corona discount
- Feature films:
€ 30€ 20 ➤ Corona discount
- Young Talents: € 6.66 (up to 26 years) ➤ NEW since 2021
The submission will only be considered completed and valid when the submission fee has been paid in full into the following bank account:
BKS Bank AG,
IBAN: AT63 1700 0001 1300 0864
For international artists living outside the European Union, we can offer you to send us the submission Fee by using PayPal.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are chosing a payment via PayPal, we will have to charge an extra 2 € – if this additional fee is not payed, we can not consider the submission completed.
FORMAT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING VERSION:
The largest screen at Hollywood Megaplex measures 217 m². If the resolution of the screening does not meet these requirements, we may have to remove the film from the program or even from the nomination. Therefore, only films whose screening version complies with the following format will be accepted:
The Silver Hand is awarded in the following categories:
- Best Feature Film (will be included in the regular program of the Hollywood Megaplex)
- Best Short Film
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Trash Award
- Best Mutilation Scene ➤ NEW since 2021
The award ceremony will take place at the end of the festival, the exact date will be announced as soon as possible.
Other Fright Nights Film Festival Achievements:
The following additional services will be offered for all films screened at the Fright Nights Festival:
After the screening of the film, selected cast & crew members can answer questions from the audience. – Applies to competition entries only.
Promotional material such as posters and flyers about the film or other productions of the entrant can be brought and displayed in the cinema at designated locations.
DVDs, Blu-rays of the film as well as merchandise can be sold at the festival.
For all films screening at Fright Nights Festival 2021, these services are included in the submission fee. However, these additional services can only be used by prior arrangement. The organizer of the Fright Nights Festival reserves the right to withdraw these additional services even at short notice.
All filmmakers whose film is shown at the Fright Nights Festival will receive three free tickets for this screening.
In which cinema hall the film will be shown depends on the number of tickets sold. Screening rooms with capacities ranging from 100 to 500 seats as well as the largest cinema screen in Austria are available.
How to submit your entry?
1. Send us a private link to the screener of your film on Youtube or Vimeo,or give us access to your private online video. Additionally, send us a disk with your screener to: Markus Tober, Hollywood Megaplex Pluscity Pluskaufstraße 7 4061 Pasching.
N.B.: The screener for the submission is not the same as the screening format for public performance. You will be informed in September whether or not your film has been nominated or accepted for the programme and whether you need to provide a screening format (in the DCP-format on hard drive or USB stick or via Filezilla) and all advertising materials by 20s of September.
2. In order to promote your film, please send some film stills to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Please transfer the competition fee for participation – find the account details above.
4. When all of this is done, please fill in the submission form! (From now on, your entry can be taken into consideration for the Fright Nights 2021.)
If you have any further questions concerning your film submission, please contact email@example.com
As the projection technology at the Hollywood-Megaplex is at a very high level, please submit your movies in the DCP-format only.
Here you can find free conversion software: http://dcpomatic.com/